Special sessions are intended to be creative, non-traditional, interactive ways to engage engineering and/or computing education professionals in the frontiers of education. These are ~80 minutes in length; the number of special sessions offered is limited. These sessions intended to be of value to FIE Conference attendees, enhance the experience and knowledge of the session participants, and help advance the frontiers of engineering and computing education.
Special Session proposals (approximately 800 to 1000 words in total) must include each of the following elements:
- goal(s) of the session, including a description of the anticipated audience (community), and why they would be interested in the session (approximately 100-200 words).
- a justification of why the proposed session is novel and/or thought provoking (approximately 100 words).
- an explanation of the interaction expected during the session (approximately 100 words).
- a description of special session including the topics/subjects/content of the session (approximately 200-300 words) a session agenda including details and approximate time allotted for each activity, expected outcomes or future work as a result of this session (approximately 100 words).
- All organizers and presenters in panels and special sessions are expected to register for and participate in the full conference.
February 12, 2018 - Initial proposals are due.
March 14, 2018 - Authors will be notified of of results from first round of reviews.
April 25, 2018 - Responses to suggestions for modifications or clarifications are due. Preliminary papers to accompany Panels and Special Sessions, if any, are due. Papers and response attachments are limited to 4 pages.
May 21, 2018 - Authors are notified about final decisions of acceptance or rejection.
July 9, 2018 - Final session descriptions, outlines, summaries, and accompanying papers are due.