Persons who would like to be considered as a faculty fellow must submit a full paper and follow the same submission process as others for a full paper. You will only need to indicate that you would like to be considered to become a faculty fellow by checking the box in EDAS when completing your submission.
February 12, 2018 - Initial proposals are due.
March 14, 2018 - Authors will be notified of acceptance, acceptance with suggestions, or rejection of their proposal.
May 2, 2018 - Responses to suggestions for modifications or clarifications are due.
July 9, 2018 - Final session descriptions, outlines, summaries, and accompanying papers are due.
The FIE New Faculty Fellows Grant provides up to five $1000 grants to assist the recipients in traveling to the conference. The $1000 grant is awarded after the conference and is awarded only to fellows who:
- attend the entire conference (through Saturday),
- participate in all activities organized for the faculty fellows,
- present their paper in a conference session, and
- produce a poster about their career, teaching, and research interests for display during the "Focus on Faculty Fellows" session
Authors who have submitted a full paper and are either:
- Assistant professors of engineering or computer science with no more than two years of employment as a faculty member or an instructor, at the time of the abstract submission, or
- Doctoral candidates defending dissertations during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Since 2011, this grant has been made possible by the Educational Research and Methods Division (ERM) of the American Society for Engineering Education. From 2005 - 2010, the grant program was sponsored by the Center for the Advancement of Scholarship on Engineering Education (CASEE) of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE). Prior to that, sponsors were the Microsoft Corporation, the Verizon Corporation, the Lemelson New Education Assistance Program, the National Science Foundation, and the Sloan Foundation. The past award winners, from the inception of the award in 1997, can be found here.